Tuesday, May 27, 2008

matte tests and other tidbits







Started thinking about my background matte paintings. They will be crucial in setting the tone I am going after. I've been modeling basic building shapes in MAYA and exporting the render out to P.S. where I then add details. I'm going for a non-specific city but similar to N.Y. in the 40's. I am still working on the texturing and color maps for the rooftop scene, right now I have some real roughed out stuff as a reference for my mattes. I've also been working on making the ACME birdseed building. I modified the large structure I made last quarter.

1 comment:

The Klein-o-nator said...

When you've got it, you've got it!

Consider concept proved!

This week, we've got to talk about softer shadow lines and indirect light. Bring the scene with you, we'll make it work in class on friday!!!