Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bird is the word

Hi. It's official, I'm doing the evil robot alien bird story. I got the OK from Val and have started modeling and making a new animatic. My plan is to make 4 different character models. A low poly pigeon for far away and large group shots, and higher poly pigeon for closeups, a hinging head pigeon and the super intelligent alien bird model. Most of the Alien will be obstructed by space ship controls so I only have to make a sort of sock puppet head. Here are some roughed out models. I want to take these into Z-brush in the next week.
-d






2 comments:

The Klein-o-nator said...

yes yes yes! these are looking awesome. The feathers need a greater density however.


Also, I was noticing the habits of pigeons the other day. They seem to preen their feathers with their beaks in the area around the wing when they are just hanging out. It kind of looks like how if you have a secret walkie talkie in your jacket you would bend your neck over to talk into it. I thought that maybe this might be something that played into your story. Again though, just another idea...

The Klein-o-nator said...

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/04/24/church.cell.tower.wdtn

take a look at that story. Perhaps with relevant images?